Extension cord short causes $1 million damage

Olathe fire investigators say they think a short in an extension cord, in the building’s shop area, ignited nearby combustibles (e.g., cardboard box, plastic) and caused last night’s extensive fire to Olathe T-Shirt & Trophy.

The fire was noticed when a passerby called 9-1-1 and reported “large amount of smoke coming from (the) roof.”

Damage is estimated at over $1 million.

No injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: