Unattended cooking causes $40,000 fire damage

Unattended cooking is cited for causing a house fire in north Olathe Monday, Nov. 9.

The occupant called 911 around noon and reported the blaze. When firefighters arrived they saw smoke and flames coming from the home. It took firefighters about 20 minutes to control the fire. Investigators say no injuries were reported and damage is estimated at $40,000. The family’s orange, female, Tabby (cat) was safely rescued from the fire.

Firefighters remind everyone to cook with care, by remaining in the kitchen while cooking. In the event that a fire in a pan does occur, remember to put a lid on the pan, and turn the burner off to quickly and safely put the fire out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: