Old high school/junior high getting a facelift

From the Olathe School District

Exciting changes are happening in downtown Olathe. In the same location that education in Olathe began in 1868, a new chapter will soon begin. The district has begun the renovation of the Millcreek Center, 150 S. Water Street, which includes the repurposing of the three existing buildings, including the former John P. St. John Memorial High School. This renovation will allow for the creation of new education and program spaces needed for the district.

When the new Olathe High School (now Olathe North) opened in 1957, the John P. St. John facility became the Olathe Junior High School until the late 1960s when it was renamed Millbrooke Junior High School after the opening of Santa Fe Trail Junior High school. Continue reading

%d bloggers like this: